St. Mary's has resumed in-person worship. There are, of course, changes from what we have done in the past. Please read the following protocols and let us know in advance if you plan on attending. Contact info is listed at the bottom of the page. We will continue to stream our services online for our members who are not able to join us in person. Services will be posted to our Facebook Page at facebook.com/stmarysapperton/videos/.
- There may not be more than 50 people per service or in any gathering. If there are more than 50 people who signed up for the service, then a 2nd service is added. (There will be a need to disinfect the surfaces again before the next the service).
- The service will start at 10 a.m. with a 2nd service at 2 p.m if more than 50 people signed up.
- Common surfaces such as pews, doorknobs, microphones, light switches, stair rails, etc. are to be disinfected before and after each service.
- Two meters physical/social distancing must be observed at all times. There are marked pews not to be occupied. Sides persons are to direct where to sit, when to proceed (coming in and going out).
- There will no physical contact when greeting each other especially during the exchange of peace. Shaking hands and hugging are to be avoided.
- There will be no Communion.
- There will be no Sunday School.
- There will be no coffee hour.
- The congregation and celebrant are refrained from singing; only one or two singers are allowed with 5 meters distance from each other and from the congregation.
- Offering plates will not be passed around. Donations are to be placed in the offering plate at the back upon entry.
- Everyone is asked to wear a face mask.
- Household members will sit together in one pew.
- Everyone is required to sign the logbook upon entry with their phone number and email address. This is for monitoring and information should there be an infection.
- Should there be positive case along the way, all will be informed and in-person gathering will be suspended until further notice.
- Those who are sick or ill and those who are vulnerable to illness and infection should stay at home and attend the online services.
- There will be no in-person pastoral care. All is done online or through phone calls.
- In-person visits to care homes are not permitted.
- Bible studies are to be done online or through Zoom.
- Meetings are done online.
Before the Service
- The church common surfaces, pews, podium, microphones, door knobs, light switches, hand rails, and other items are to be disinfected. This will be facilitated by the Women’s Group. B.S.A. and Young People’s Group are encouraged to participate.
- Bathroom supplies such as soap and paper towels need to be checked and made available.
- Hand sanitizers, log book and pens, bulletins, and the offering plates are in place.
- Sides persons are to arrive at least 15 minutes before the service.
At the Entrance
- Wait for the signal of the sides person before you enter.
- Sanitize your hands.
- Pick up your bulletin.
- Place your donation in the offering plate.
- Sign the logbook. Please write your name, phone number, and email address.
- Proceed to the seat directed to you by the sides persons. It is a first come first pews seating arrangement.
During the Service
- There will be no procession.
- Celebrant and the congregation will not join in singing.
- Musicians sit five meters away from the congregation, facing different direction. There will be one or two singers, organist and guitar players will just play their instruments.
- There will be one or two readers.
- There will be no physical touch during the exchange of peace.
- Family members occupy one pew.
After the Service
- There will be no recessional.
- There will be no hand shaking and greetings after the service at the back.
- The sides person will direct the members go out in an orderly manner. Those who seated at the back pews will go out first.
- Do not congregate in a place that may block the flow of people coming out.
- Maintain social distancing even when outside the church after service.
- Stay safe and join us again next Sunday.