Effective March 23, the Provincial Health Office and Bishop John Stephens are authorizing outdoor, in-person worship services.
The following restrictions are in place to help ensure the health and safety of everyone:
- Maximum of 50 people in attendance (but there can also be people in 50 cars attending but they must stay in their cars)
- Those at a higher risk are encouraged not to attend this in-person worship
- Contact tracing protocol must be in place
- All in attendance must have performed a health check and show no signs of COVID-19
- COVID protocols must be in place (hand sanitizer, masks, physical distancing, etc.) and must be enforced
- Clergy and lay leaders must wear a mask unless they are speaking (and when speaking they should be at least 3 metres from anyone else)
- No singing except by one cantor/soloist (they must be 3 metres from anyone else)
- There can be musicians (up to five) but only the cantor/soloist can sing. The musicians must be masked (unless they must remove their mask to play their instrument and then they must be 3 metres from anyone else)
- No gathering before or after worship. All participants must remain 2 metres apart at all times
We will continue to live stream services every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. and those services may be viewed on St. Mary's Facebook page at facebook.com/stmarysapperton/videos/.