Good news. As many of you know, the diocese has approved St. Mary's application to hold an in-person gathering at church on Sunday, July 5, 2020.
There will, of course, be changes from what we have known in the past. Some of these are:
- The time of service will be 10.00 am and, as the limit for the number of people attending each gathering is 50, if another service is needed it will be at 2.00 pm.
- The service will be Morning Prayer (no communion).
- Everyone is asked to wear a mask.
- On entering the church, people will be asked to register their name, phone # and email address in case there is a need to contact everyone attending the service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- People will be asked to enter in single file in order to keep 6 ft. physical distance from one another and seating will be from the front to the back of the church. After service, people will be asked to exit from the pews at the back of the church first. As every other pew is closed for distancing, the Church Hall will be used if there is insufficient room in the church itself to accommodate all of the 50 people allowed at the service.
- There will be no singing during the service and no hand shaking to Pass the Peace.
- No coffee hour.
- No Sunday School.
The Ladies Group will oversee the cleaning and disinfecting of the Church and Hall before and after service.
Vulnerable people and those who are not feeling well are strictly advised to stay at home.
We will continue to live stream our services online for our members who are not able to join us in person. Our services will be posted to our Facebook Page as they happen at facebook.com/stmarysapperton/.
Keep up to date with everything happening at St. Mary's.
Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/stmarysapperton/.