News & Events
In recognition of her many years of service and dedication to St. Mary's, Fay Klassen was invested into The Order the Diocese of New Westminster in a special ceremony during church on Sunday, November 1st.
The purpose of the Order is to honour and give special recognition to lay members of the Diocese who have given outstanding service over a significant period of time in their volunteer ministry.
Congratulations Fay, it is very well deserved, and thank you for everything you do!
We are looking for new volunteers to assist in all aspects of our worship services. Please let us know if you are able to help. The various duties include:
- Readers: Read the Old Testament (1st reading) or the Epistles (2nd Reading) during the service.
- Intercessors: Lead the Prayers of the People during the service.
- Sides Persons: Welcome people as they arrive at church. Remind them to wear masks and to sanitize their hands upon entry. Direct them to sign the logbook. Direct people when to enter, where to sit, and when to exit. They are in charge of maintaining physical distancing before, during, and after the service.
- Altar Guild: Prepare the altar and vessels before the service. Remove vessels and cover altar, wash and put away vessels after the service. Wash altar clothes and linens. Pick up and arrange flowers. Purchase altar supplies.
- Disinfecting and Sanitizing Group: Assist with disinfecting all common surfaces, pews, pulpit, microphones, door knobs, light switches, hand rails, etc. before and after every service. In charge of supplies, ensuring they are available and purchasing if needed.
How often you will be on duty depends on the number of volunteers. The Altar Guild, Sides Persons, and Disinfecting and Sanitizing Group work in teams; you are not required to do it all by yourself.
St. Mary's is now in Phase 3 of our re-opening protocols. Please take the time to read the important information posted on our Covid-19 Update Page. Services will continue to be recorded and streamed lived to our Facebook Page on Sunday morning at the usual time (10:00 a.m.).