News & Events
St. Mary's has resumed in-person worship services. Please take the time to read the important information posted on our Covid-19 Update Page before attending a service.
Parish Summer Camp
Friday, July 31 to Monday, August 3
Once again, St. Mary's is organizing it's Annual Summer Camping Trip for parish members. This year it will take place over the B.C. Day long weekend at Klahanie Campground just south of Squamish. Visit the Event Page on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest developments or contact Jonette Solang at email@example.com for more information or to sign up.
We are looking for new volunteers to assist in all aspects of our worship services. Please let us know if you are able to help. The various duties include:
- Readers: Read the Old Testament (1st reading) or the Epistles (2nd Reading) during the service.
- Intercessors: Lead the Prayers of the People during the service.
- Sides Persons: Welcome people as they arrive at church. Remind them to wear masks and to sanitize their hands upon entry. Direct them to sign the logbook. Direct people when to enter, where to sit, and when to exit. They are in charge of maintaining physical distancing before, during, and after the service.
- Altar Guild: Prepare the altar and vessels before the service. Remove vessels and cover altar, wash and put away vessels after the service. Wash altar clothes and linens. Pick up and arrange flowers. Purchase altar supplies.
- Disinfecting and Sanitizing Group: Assist with disinfecting all common surfaces, pews, pulpit, microphones, door knobs, light switches, hand rails, etc. before and after every service. In charge of supplies, ensuring they are available and purchasing if needed.
How often you will be on duty depends on the number of volunteers. The Altar Guild, Sides Persons, and Disinfecting and Sanitizing Group work in teams; you are not required to do it all by yourself.
We are please to announce that Fay Klassen has been approved to be awarded The Order the Diocese of New Westminster for her many years of service and dedication to St. Mary's.
"The purpose of the Order is to honour and give special recognition to lay members of the Diocese who have given outstanding service over a significant period of time in their volunteer ministry."
Congratulations Fay, it is very well deserved... and thank you!
Our Bible Study has been suspended temporarily due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Phase 2 reopening guidelines allow for holding it online using a conferencing app such as Zoom. If you would be interested in participating in an online Bible Study please speak to Father Arvin or contact the church office at 604-521-2314 or firstname.lastname@example.org
While we are not able to gather in person, St. Mary's continues to conduct worship services with a minimal number of participants observing all health and safety protocols. These services are recorded live and streamed to our Facebook Page on Sunday morning at the usual time (10:00 a.m.).